Please note the choices offered on your left. Click on News for the anything that we wish to share with all members. Click on Program for our detailed monthly events calendar. Click on Gallery for pictures of various events and people. Some history, where we meet, and what we do!
Some history, where we meet, and what we do!
The Kolping Society of Toronto was started in 1955, and has flourished ever since. We operate out of St. Patrick’s Church, and we use the facilities of Catholic Settlement House adjoining the church. We are located at131 McCaul Street at Dundas Street across from the Toronto Art Gallery. A large hall and other meeting areas are available for our use. Our members are actively supporting the operation of the parish and are members of the church board. Many of our male members are also involved in the choir “Harfentoene” in the parish.
Below, some popular events.
• The monthly Communion Breakfast that takes place every second Sunday of the month at 10 a.m.is easily the most popular event.
• The Seniors Meeting, every last Wednesday of the month, at 12 noon, with mass, food and guest speakers is our latest addition to changing times. During the “good weather” months outdoor meetings or trips take the place of indoor gatherings.
• Our annual Retreat at Mary Lake, KingCity, takes place in April, starting Friday evenings and ending Sunday early afternoon. For participation contact our President and Retreat captain Werner Scheliga at: 416 293 0897 or Fax at: 416 293 2677. You are more than welcome to join us in this or any event.
• The annual General Meeting happens on the third Sunday in January at 2 p.m.. New elections are always associated with this event, considered a must for members. The new executive are posted as they are elected.
• Other events are: St. Nikolaus Party for all the young children and parents. The Christmas Party with caroling, stories, wine, cheese, Pizza, coffee and cake is definitely worth coming to.
• Our present charities are: The Redemtorist Ministery in Sri Lanka (A large Bazaar in September). The Kolping Society of Tanzenia, Restoration of St Patrick’s Church,Toronto. The Minoriten Church in Cologne Germany, the burial place of Adolph Kolping our Founder. Improvement to our Retreat House in Mary Lake.
• My name is: Henry Buss, presently secretary. You can reach me by e-mail at: email@example.com. The telephone and fax number is: 416 249 0702.
• Click on the PROGRAM field and chose any of the events that you wish to join, bring your wife, husband, girl friend or friends.