Scholarship Announcement: "21 in ‘21"
Kolping Scholarship Program Overview
The Kolping Society of America has re-established its scholarship program to promote continuing education and training among its members and members’ families. The objective of the scholarship is to help defer the cost associated with school activities (ex. Books, computers, tuition/fees, tools, etc.) to encourage higher learning. Below are details regarding the qualifications and criteria for the scholarship, as well as instructions on how to apply:
1. Candidates must be in or entering:
a. junior/senior year of high school;
b. an accredited college or university;
c. an accredited trade school
2. Candidates must be active Kolping members or an immediate family member of an active Kolping member.
a. Immediate family will be defined as spouse, child, grandchild or great-grandchild.
b. “Active” is defined as a member who is current with their dues for at least two years.
3. There is no age requirement.
4. Individuals can reapply each year.
- Five (5) scholarships of $3,000 will be available for qualified college, university and/or trade school candidates.
- Four (4) scholarships of $1,500 will be available for high school seniors.
- All applications received by the designated due date will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants will be judged based on quality of content and ability to follow directions.
- The Scholarship Committee is not required to award all monies allocated.
- March 15, 2021 – Scholarship program posted and applications are available
- April 15, 2021 – Scholarship applications due
- By May 30, 2021 – Scholarship reviewed and winners selected
- By June 30, 2021 – Recipients contacted and money awarded
Application and Reading Material: