Who We Are
The International Kolping Society was founded by Adolph Kolping as a Catholic, educational and action-oriented organization.
- The Catholic Kolping Society of America is a non-profit organization which strives to carry out the ideals of Blessed Adolph Kolping in a way that is relevant to our times.
- The work of the Kolping Society is aimed at the holistic development of the individual and family. Its members are offered opportunities and assistance in all aspects of life.
- The Kolping Society is a place within our world which enables one to enhance the sacredness of one’s life. In the Kolping Society, one is provided an opportunity to share one’s problems as well as one’s knowledge and skills.
- The Kolping Society seeks to help its members express Christian witness through their marriages, families, professions and leisure time activities and in so doing, seeks to help its members contribute to the betterment of our culture, society and church.
- The Kolping Society aims to aid its members and society as a whole. It seeks to improve our society through activities which promote the good of all in a Christian atmosphere.
- The Catholic Kolping Society of America is an inclusive organization which welcomes all who wish to practice the teachings of Christ through the traditions of the Catholic Church.
Dear fellow Kolping members, Thank you and congratulations on a very successful Lenten Project! Over the last months our Kolping community raised over $15,000 in support of our Kenyan brothers and sisters in an effort to reinforce our shared values of family, work and...read more
We, the members of the Catholic Kolping Society of America, extend the vision of our founder, Blessed Adolph Kolping, by promoting the development of the individual and family; we foster a sense of belonging and friendship through our program of spiritual, educational, charitable and social activities.
President – Lisa Brinkmann, San Francisco
Vice President – Walter Amrein, Cincinnati
Secretary – Helene Schrand, Cincinnati
Treasurer – Ted Wilke, Cincinnati
National Praeses – Father Richard Bretone, New York
National Administrator – Patricia Farkas
Endowment Fund Chairman – Bernhard Preisser, New York
Endowment Fund Treasurer – Lisa Brinkmann, San Francisco
International Secretary – Dr. Markus Demele
International Praeses – Monsignor Ottmar Dillenburg
Lucille Colletti – New York
Frank Fon – Chicago
Jonathan Groll – Chicago
Robert Mayer – Chicago
Marilee Uhlhorn – Cincinnati
North American Kolping Families
at the United Nations
United States Kolping Families
Brooklyn, New York
Buffalo, New York
Los Angeles, California