Join us at the 43rd National Kolping Convention!
September 9th through 11th, 2022 in Cincinnati, Ohio
Starting Friday evening, we will be able to see old friends and make new ones as we begin in the Embassy Suites Hotel atrium before moving to a private room. Saturday will begin with Mass at the hotel. Board members and delegates will have their meetings at the hotel while the non-delegates will enjoy events scheduled around the city. Then, in the evening, everyone will be transported to the Kolping Center on the outskirts of Cincinnati for dinner, dancing, and the presentation of awards. We will close the convention on Sunday, starting with a block-and-a-half walk to attend Mass at the historic Mother of God Church — be sure to bring your flags! — and conclude with a 2-hour riverboat lunch cruise on the Ohio River.
For more details, please see your June issue of the Kolping Banner (page 4) or the online PDF here! Remember, the deadline for sending in your REGISTRATION FORM is JULY 23, 2022. The Cincinnati Kolping’s website: www.kolpingcincinnati.com has the most comprehensive details and itinerary for the event. There is a PDF registration form available online here. Your HOTEL RESERVATIONS at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati RiverCenter (10 East Rivercenter Blvd, Covington, KY, 859-261-8400) needs to be made by AUGUST 19, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Pelzel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-385-3120.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Kolping Aid for Ukraine
The KOLPING aid for Ukraine roll! With a lot of courage, Monica, Eduard and Cornelius from KOLPING Romania brought the first aid supplies across the Ukrainian border, including clothing, medicine and food that are urgently needed on site. In the social kitchen of the Kolping Family Czernowitz, the food is already being cooked together. A total of 350 hot meals are supposed to go out there today to feed hungry people. And the aid supplies from Romania have also already arrived at other final recipients, reports Vasyl Savka, Managing Director of KOLPING Ukraine. The night was also quiet, there were no siren alarms and the people in Chernivtsi could finally sleep peacefully. Meanwhile, KOLPING Poland is happy about an extremely generous gift: The manager of a transport company handed over a Sprinter to the Association for Ukraine Emergency Aid, which offers plenty of space for relief supplies and 18 refugees. Thank you for this valuable logistical support!
Please continue to donate to KOLPING INTERNATIONAL’s Ukraine emergency aid: www.kolping.net/ukraine
Post from KOLPING Internacional on Facebook see link. https://www.facebook.com/100064447701709/posts/326703982821189/
Who We Are
The International Kolping Society was founded by Adolph Kolping as a Catholic, educational and action-oriented organization.
2022 Lenten Project
Click here to read more about the project and our impact on Kolping Kenya.
- The Catholic Kolping Society of America is a non-profit organization which strives to carry out the ideals of Blessed Adolph Kolping in a way that is relevant to our times.
- The work of the Kolping Society is aimed at the holistic development of the individual and family. Its members are offered opportunities and assistance in all aspects of life.
- The Kolping Society is a place within our world which enables one to enhance the sacredness of one’s life. In the Kolping Society, one is provided an opportunity to share one’s problems as well as one’s knowledge and skills.
- The Kolping Society seeks to help its members express Christian witness through their marriages, families, professions and leisure time activities and in so doing, seeks to help its members contribute to the betterment of our culture, society and church.
- The Kolping Society aims to aid its members and society as a whole. It seeks to improve our society through activities which promote the good of all in a Christian atmosphere.
- The Catholic Kolping Society of America is an inclusive organization which welcomes all who wish to practice the teachings of Christ through the traditions of the Catholic Church.
We, the members of the Catholic Kolping Society of America, extend the vision of our founder, Blessed Adolph Kolping, by promoting the development of the individual and family; we foster a sense of belonging and friendship through our program of spiritual, educational, charitable and social activities.
President – Lisa Brinkmann, San Francisco
Vice President – Walter Amrein, Cincinnati
Secretary – Helene Schrand, Cincinnati
Treasurer – Ted Wilke, Cincinnati
National Praeses – Father Richard Bretone, New York
National Administrator – Patricia Farkas
Endowment Fund Chairman – Bernhard Preisser, New York
Endowment Fund Treasurer – Lisa Brinkmann, San Francisco
International Secretary – Dr. Markus Demele
International Praeses – Monsignor Ottmar Dillenburg
Lucille Colletti – New York
Frank Fon – Chicago
Jonathan Groll – Chicago
Robert Mayer – Chicago
Marilee Uhlhorn – Cincinnati
Father Michael Scherschel – Chicago
Father Richard Bretone – New York
Father Winfried Kellner – Rochester
Deacon William McLoughlin – San Francisco