Kolping 2023 Scholarship Program
The National Kolping is proud to announce its 2023 Scholarship Program. This program is open to all active members of the Kolping Society and their immediate family members. To be considered active, members must have joined their local Kolping family at least two years ago and are current in their annual dues. Immediate family members are spouses/partners, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. This scholarship aims to provide financial support to students entering their senior year in high school in the Fall, as well as individuals attending accredited colleges, universities and/or trade schools.
You will be asked to complete an application, with submissions due by April 30th. The scholarships are as follows: high school seniors – $1,000; college, university and/or trade school students – $3,000. If you were awarded the college/university/trade school scholarship last year, you will not be eligible to submit an application this year. Anyone receiving scholarships in 2020 or 2021 may apply again. Winners will be announced at the end of May.
Please encourage eligible students to apply! We wish everyone the best of luck. If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities Around the U.S.
Kolping is all about family. If you are traveling and find yourself in a city that has a Kolping Family, consider joining one of their events! Here are some upcoming events around the country:
KOLPING NEW YORK — Additional information available by emailing email@example.com or texting 914 432-2535
Sunday, May 14 – Mother’s Day Luncheon and Mass – Kolping on Hudson
Sunday, June 18 – Father’s Day Luncheon and Mass – Kolping on Hudson
Saturday July 15 – Tropical Night Dinner Dance – Kolping on Hudson
Sunday September 3 – Oktoberfest – Kolping on Hudson
Saturday, September 23 – Harvest Festival – Kolping on Hudson
Sunday December 3 – St. Nickolaus Mass, Luncheon and Visit from Santa – Kolping 88th Street
KOLPING CINCINNATI — Visit kolpingcincinnati.com for additional information
June 16-18 – Schützenfest
Kolping Aid for Ukraine
The KOLPING aid for Ukraine roll! With a lot of courage, Monica, Eduard and Cornelius from KOLPING Romania brought the first aid supplies across the Ukrainian border, including clothing, medicine and food that are urgently needed on site. In the social kitchen of the Kolping Family Czernowitz, the food is already being cooked together. A total of 350 hot meals are supposed to go out there today to feed hungry people. And the aid supplies from Romania have also already arrived at other final recipients, reports Vasyl Savka, Managing Director of KOLPING Ukraine. The night was also quiet, there were no siren alarms and the people in Chernivtsi could finally sleep peacefully. Meanwhile, KOLPING Poland is happy about an extremely generous gift: The manager of a transport company handed over a Sprinter to the Association for Ukraine Emergency Aid, which offers plenty of space for relief supplies and 18 refugees. Thank you for this valuable logistical support!
Please continue to donate to KOLPING INTERNATIONAL’s Ukraine emergency aid: www.kolping.net/ukraine
Post from KOLPING Internacional on Facebook see link. https://www.facebook.com/100064447701709/posts/326703982821189/
Who We Are
The International Kolping Society was founded by Adolph Kolping as a Catholic, educational and action-oriented organization.
2022 Lenten Project
Click here to read more about the project and our impact on Kolping Kenya.
- The Catholic Kolping Society of America is a non-profit organization which strives to carry out the ideals of Blessed Adolph Kolping in a way that is relevant to our times.
- The work of the Kolping Society is aimed at the holistic development of the individual and family. Its members are offered opportunities and assistance in all aspects of life.
- The Kolping Society is a place within our world which enables one to enhance the sacredness of one’s life. In the Kolping Society, one is provided an opportunity to share one’s problems as well as one’s knowledge and skills.
- The Kolping Society seeks to help its members express Christian witness through their marriages, families, professions and leisure time activities and in so doing, seeks to help its members contribute to the betterment of our culture, society and church.
- The Kolping Society aims to aid its members and society as a whole. It seeks to improve our society through activities which promote the good of all in a Christian atmosphere.
- The Catholic Kolping Society of America is an inclusive organization which welcomes all who wish to practice the teachings of Christ through the traditions of the Catholic Church.
We, the members of the Catholic Kolping Society of America, extend the vision of our founder, Blessed Adolph Kolping, by promoting the development of the individual and family; we foster a sense of belonging and friendship through our program of spiritual, educational, charitable and social activities.
President – Lisa Brinkmann, San Francisco
Vice President – Helene Schrand, Cincinnati
Secretary – Barbara Hessler, Cincinnati
Treasurer – Ted Wilke, Cincinnati
National Praeses – Father Richard Bretone, New York
National Administrator – Patricia Farkas
Endowment Fund Chairman – Bernhard Preisser, New York
Endowment Fund Treasurer – Lisa Brinkmann, San Francisco
International Secretary – Dr. Markus Demele
International Praeses – Monsignor Ottmar Dillenburg
Lucille Colletti – New York
Henry Faulk – Cincinnati
Marilee Uhlhorn – Cincinnati
Monika Weiss – San Francisco
Wolfgang Weiss – San Francisco
Father Michael Scherschel – Chicago
Father Richard Bretone – New York
Father Winfried Kellner – Rochester
Deacon William McLoughlin – San Francisco
North American Kolping Families
at the United Nations
International Kolping Families
United States Kolping Families
1223 Van Houten Ave.
Clifton, NJ 07013